From our home water on the Big Hole River and within 30 minute drive to others. Southwest Montana provides anglers with countless miles of trout-filled water, all at our disposal. Whether you are seeking to hire a fishing guide for a day or wanting to fish multiple rivers during your stay, our team of experienced fishing guides will give you the most on your fly fishing vacation. Not only will you learn about our rivers, more importantly you’ll have a great time and experience the best fishing Montana offers.
Our rivers are considered the headwaters of the Missouri river. From tailwater to freestones that make up our area. Our select core of outfitters specialize in fly fishing the headwaters which include the Big Hole, Beaverhead, Madison, Jefferson & Ruby River. Here at Headwaters we can arrange the perfect Montana Fishing Trip of your dreams!
FULL DAY FLOAT AND WADE FISHING TRIPS ON OUR HOME WATER
Daily Guide Rate
All of our fishing trips include:
- Solid Full Day of Fishing
- Rental gear if needed
- Guaranteed professional fishing guide
- Transportation To/From river
- Streamside Lunch
- Montana Fishing License
- Guide Gratuity
COMPLETE YOUR FLY FISHING TRIP WITH BIG HOLE RIVER LODGING
Need Lodging? Choose between a private cabin on the Big Hole River, Vacation Home or Simple Hotel accommodation to complete your Montana Fishing Trip. Whether your hosting a large group or a single angler just wanting the simplest package. Headwaters Fly Shop is here to help plan your perfect fishing trip.
There are a lot of fishing guides in Montana so Why Us:
- Commitment: Headwaters Fly Shop has been gaining popularity in quality fishing trips since the beginning. We understand that every angler has certain expectations in a fishing trip. Whether it’s learning how to cast a fly rod, headhunting or experience angler seeking veteran knowledge. Our team of Montana Outfitters and their select core of fishing guides are among the best. We are confident in their abilities and they’ll go beyond your expectations.
- Experience: We hire fishing guides ourselves when traveling abroad. We understand the importance of having the best guides. Nobody likes being stuck with a boring, row-u-down the river guide. Our guides not only will put you on the fish, but they are excellent teachers, communicators and fun to be with. They understand it’s your day! and will do everything possible to make your trip the best. You won’t find a long list of fishing guides on our roster. It’s not a numbers game for us, rather a one-on-one experience with our clients. We pride ourselves on having the highest return rate in the business. Our guests come as strangers and leave as friends.
- No Banking Hours: You’ve been waiting to fish Montana only to be rushed through a guided fishing trip. We see it everyday, lot of outfits and lodges operate during banking hours. Getting clients on/off the river seems top priority to them. Sometimes the best fishing happens in the later part of the day. Trust us when the caddis start hatching, we are not at the boat ramp! We truly give our clients a solid, fun filled day.
- Locations: Whether you are staying in Bozeman, Helena or Missoula we have full-time fishing guides throughout Montana and can arrange your next fly fishing adventure on the most productive river(s) during your stay. If your seeking to fish a particular river like the Madison, Jefferson, Missouri, Beaverhead or Big Hole River our Montana Outfitters will make it happen.
“THE DAYS ARE SHORTER AND SO ARE THE PRICES”
Mid-March – April: Ever hear about the skwala hatch on the Bitterroot River? Yep, pretty amazing time to fish dries starting in March and is the perfect recipe to knock off the winter blues. Take advantage of world-class fishing and save on the pocket book as well.
2 Day / 3 Night starting at $495 p.p.
Typical Day With Us:
You have been waiting months and dreaming about floating the Big Hole River, casting dries next to the undercut banks and the morning has finally come!
It all starts with the meeting of your guide(s) typically at our fly shop or place of lodging. Current fishing and weather conditions, as well as your preferences and experience, will determine the specific river and section to be floated for that day. Once you have met your guide and discussed strategies and have a game plan, you are off to the river.
At the boat ramp your guide will prepare the boat, assemble rods, leaders and discuss what is hatching on the river. Our boats are designed for two anglers, one in front of the guide and one behind. Never float fished before? This is by far the best way to fish our big western rivers. Learning to move down river casting at the correct angles , mending, and setting the hook will come quickly as your guide assists. By mid-day a hearty riverside lunch will be prepared for your liking. Here you can discuss the morning fishing and relax while taking in the scenery. After lunch you are back in the boat, fishing the remainder of the day until you reach the take-out point, where the truck and trailer awaits for your return to the shop. Typical full days are around 8-10 hours, but vary according to your needs.